Insight into the NAMX Car: A 2023 Debut of Innovative Hydrogen Bottles TechnologyDecember 5, 2022
The SUV has Pininfarina design and was created by a Franco-Moroccan startup company.
NAMX recently unveiled the concept version of its first-ever vehicle, an SUV with swappable hydrogen bottles, described as an HUV with new tech and Pininfarina design.
Though the vehicle remains in its concept stage, the NAMX car expects to bring it onto the market in 2025.
According to NAMX, there will initially be two trim levels offered from the 2025 rollout of the HUV with the changeable hydrogen bottles. The first of the trim levels will be entry-level with rear-wheel drive and 296 horsepower. It will be able to reach 62 miles per hour in 6.5 seconds and will be able to accelerate to 124 miles per hour. Prices for this model will start at $68,410.
The other version will be the GTH, with four-wheel-drive and 542 horsepower. That model will have a top speed of 155 miles per hour and will reach 62 miles per hour in only 4.5 seconds. The price of the GTH model will be around $99,984.
The removable hydrogen bottles are what make these vehicles truly unique in their market.
The HUV has a unique form of H2 fuel storage to help to cater to a completely different experience for its drivers. NAMX patented a technology that brings together both a fixed H2 tank as well as six additional capsules that are removable and can be used as secondary tanks. This is meant to provide additional options for range and refueling.
According to the startup automaker, the vehicle will have a solid range as high as 497 miles. That said, it intends to create a removable capsule distribution network that will help to expand on both the availability of the H2 needed to power the vehicle and to provide drivers with the opportunity to extend their range.
“Fascinated by science fiction, [NAMX Co-founder] Thomas de Lussac chose to give the vehicle’s shape the cutting edge of the coming era,” said a recent news release from NAMX about its HUV with changeable hydrogen bottles. “His taste for the American design of the 50s and 60s, his predilection for ‘Muscle Car’, inspired him to create a car that goes against the current, smooth, conventional design of electric cars.”
Update July 8, 2023
NamX HUV: A Hydrogen-Powered Revolution Showcased at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
In a groundbreaking development, the Moroccan startup NamX, in collaboration with Italian design house Pininfarina, unveiled its hydrogen-powered SUV, the NamX HUV, at the prestigious Goodwood Festival of Speed 2023. The event, renowned for showcasing innovative and cutting-edge automotive technology, was the perfect stage for the debut of this revolutionary vehicle.
What sets the NamX HUV apart is its innovative use of hydrogen fuel cell technology. The vehicle is powered by removable hydrogen capsules, known as CapXtores. The CapXtores can be recharged at hydrogen stations, delivered to customers, or purchased at CapXtores outlets. Each capsule gives the vehicle a range of up to 800 kilometers, offering a seamless and efficient driving experience.
As part of the Goodwood Festival’s Future Lab, NamX also shared more details about its proposed hydrogen network. The startup announced that CapXtores would provide hydrogen for its vehicles, marking a significant step towards creating a comprehensive infrastructure for hydrogen car mobility.
The HUV’s unveiling at the Goodwood Festival of Speed marks a pivotal moment in the evolution of sustainable automotive technology. With its innovative design and forward-thinking fuel solution, the NamX HUV is not just a concept car, but a promising glimpse into the future of green mobility.
Hydrogen FAQ’s – NAMX Car
1. Who is behind the design of the NamX HUV? The NamX HUV was designed by the Italian design house Pininfarina and was created by Franco-Moroccan startup company, NamX.
2. What is unique about the NamX HUV? The NamX HUV is a hydrogen-powered SUV that uses removable hydrogen capsules, known as CapXtores. This innovative feature allows for additional options for range and refueling.
3. When will the NamX HUV be available on the market? NamX intends to bring the HUV onto the market in 2025.
4. What are the trim levels available for the NamX HUV? The HUV will initially be offered in two trim levels. The entry-level model will have rear-wheel drive and 296 horsepower, with prices starting at $68,410. The GTH model will have four-wheel drive and 542 horsepower, priced around $99,984.
5. What is the expected range of the NamX HUV? According to NamX, the vehicle will have a solid range as high as 497 miles.
6. How can the CapXtores be refilled? The CapXtores can be recharged at hydrogen stations, delivered to customers, or purchased at CapXtores outlets.
7. What was the inspiration behind the design of the NamX HUV? The design of the HUV was inspired by science fiction and American muscle cars from the 50s and 60s.